Keeping Up with Ron, Sara, Jackson and Addie

Tuesday, January 4, 2011

My boy is at the RED table...

Kids are moving up and moving around at Jackson's school.  Some kids from his classroom have moved up to the Pre-K room, including Joe who "is always in the time-out chair" according to Jackson.  When I asked Jackson if new kids joined his room from another class he said that he thought they would.

Jackson's class is set up so that there are three tables divided by ages.  The green table houses the youngest of the preschoolers, the blue and then the red for the older preschoolers.  Jackson started out at the blue table and has become fast friends with Hugh is blue-table-neighbor.

This weekend when we talked about new kids joining I ask if he would switch tables. He told me that he would then move up to the RED table, he said with a sparkle in his eye and then clarified with "I'm just guessing". 

Today when we went to school he headed toward the blue table when his teacher pointed to the RED table and told him he had a new spot.  Jackson looked back at me, proud as the prettiest peacock and smiled.  He headed over to the red table to find where his new spot was located, so proud to be sitting at the table with the oldest preschoolers!  I'm so proud of my boy, I can't stand it!

1 comment:

The Frys said...

Too cute - that's awesome when they start to get a sense of who they are and measuring their own performance. :)