Keeping Up with Ron, Sara, Jackson and Addie

Tuesday, January 11, 2011

Science Museum

I've been working a lot lately.  There is some shifting going on at work and for an interim period I have added A Prairie Home Companion and The Splendid Table to my portfolio in addition to my regular job.  It's been hectic.

On Monday it was time for a break.  I took part of the day off to spend it with Ron and the kids.  We went to the Science Museum of MN.  I had no idea that the Science Museum on Mondays is set up to entertain preschoolers... how perfect for us.  I asked Jackson what he thought of the idea and he loved the thought  seeing Dinosaur fossils, I didn't have to ask him twice to get his coat and shoes on.  He was ready as soon as Dad pulled so we could hop in the car and go off for an adventure.

When Jackson found out that the Science Museum was in St. Paul, he wanted to see Mom's work, so we drove on by.  He is proud to know that his mom works in St. Paul. 

At the museum there were puppet shows and short little plays that encouraged audience participation. Jackson walked like an animal, went to southeast Asia and Africa looking for monkeys and learned about mass, force and inertia in conjunction with sports activities.  When asked what his favorite sport was, Jackson said soccer.  Good to know.  We are pretty much a baseball family and I was surprised to hear him say soccer (he's never played).  So, soccer it is.

Addie got out and about and toured the museum for a bit but had most fun eating chocolate chip cookies in the food court area for sure! She was a trooper and enjoyed all there was to see and watched closely during all of the shows. We'll be back soon for a Monday at the museum.







No comments: