Keeping Up with Ron, Sara, Jackson and Addie

Thursday, September 10, 2009

A bad word...

Jackson used his first "bad word" this week. He has taken to saying "Darn It!" when something isn't going his way. It's happened three times now, and he uses it in context. This isn't a great word to use and we discussed that it isn't something we want our 2.5 year old to say but what is a better option?? Shucks? Bummer? I'm not sure there is a better option and darn it is sure better than what I tend to say when things don't go my way.

2 comments:

Tinker said...

Darn it is not bad. Malak picked up the Sh@t word when he was that age and he used it in the right context. He spilled something and out it came. It is hard not to laugh but I just let him know that we don't say that word and he hasn't used it since. OH NO was a replacement.

Pam Leier said...

The only bad words are the words that people use to hurt others.

I really do try hard not to use words that are a bit colorful, but I don't succeed very often. I will work harder at it around my grandbabies...but I know that Jackson didn't get that one from me because it doesn't have enough color to come from my mouth.