Keeping Up with Ron, Sara, Jackson and Addie

Tuesday, September 1, 2009

The dinosaur ate my homework...

At naptime we allow Jackson to keep one of the stories we have read to him while he tries to fall asleep. Well that is going to have to change.

Today when I went in to wake Jackson from his nap not only had he piled the pillows and blankets on top of himself and put his socks on his hands... a corner of the book was missing! M-I-S-S-I-N-G. I asked Jackson what happened to the rest of the soggy corner to No Bunnys Perfect. His response: "I was a dinosaur and I ate it." Ugh. What to say to that? I explained that it was not okay to eat our books and that we buy nice books so that we can read them not eat them. That ruining our books makes me sad. To which he responded: "But I was a HUNGRY dinosaur." Double Ugh.

No more books at naptime.

1 comment:

Pam Leier said...

Sara...I enjoy your writing skills so very much!